Lately I have been keeping better tabs of my pet peeves not because I am a negative person but because I when I think about them, they are pretty funny.
- Baby on Board car decals - because we are all going to see that and say "oh, you have a baby on board? Allow me to drive extra careful around you" or "Hey, you bleepedy bleep, you just cut me off! Wait, you have a baby on board? Well go right on ahead!"
- The Truvia commercial because if you are going to write a jingle or a song, pick a person who can sing and write some lyrics that are catchy.
- I went to Goodwill to find some pitchers that I could spray paint which was a total bust. I decided to see if they had the book Water for Elephants. They don't alphabetize their books or organize them in any kind of order. Tell me, how do you intend to make money from book sales when people can't find what they are looking for? It took me 30 minutes to look through the books and determine that they didn't have it. No wonder I don't shop at Goodwill. I don't have that kind of patience.
- Gas prices because I don't need to explain this one.
- Cooking at home for one because the food companies do not make food packages for one. I can see why most people who are single live in big cities where they just go out or order in and use their ovens for things like shoe and handbag storage. Once I open something, it has to be used within the next several days. Maybe I want cheesy poofs today but not tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day...
- Remote controls because I think I say at least one time a day, "where's the remote?" I did something with the living room remote about two months back. It is gone. Probably somewhere with all the rogue socks that go to socks-ville when I launder them. Who even knows where the remote went - the good news is, we have the same brand of DVD player but that still doesn't fix the missing nature of the remote or the fact that somehow I misplaced it and it has not re-appeared.
- Rogue socks because I have two feet. Nick never has rogue socks. I have a drawer full of them. I am tempted to get rid of them because they have been in there for so long, but like the key that goes to I-don't-know-what on my key ring, I just can't seem to part with these singleton socks because I fear the mate is lurking somewhere. Where do they go anyway? My dryer doesn't eat my underwear and they are equally small and edible?
- People telling you that you look tired because it is a nice way of saying, "you look like crap." The worst is when you get like 10 hours of sleep and actually spend a bit of time on make-up and hair and then someone is like "you look tired." And being the nice person I am, I usually just say, yea-I didn't get much sleep last night. I should in fact say, "I got tons of sleep last night and primped this morning, just tell me what part looks like crap so that I can do it differently next time."
- When people say "your hair looks different." Ok, that can go a whole lot of different ways. The insecure part of me's mind starts racing. They didn't say your hair looks good, and no one is actually going to say your hair looks bad so therefore "different" must mean it looks bad? Ugh. If it looks bad, I wanna know so I can fix it.
There you have it. My "dislike's" of the moment.
1 comment:
too funny!!! I understand the frustration of cooking for one and finding it hard. During baseball season I basically cook for one because Neal gets home too late to eat dinner. We end up wasting way too much food because it's almost impossible to make dinner for one- unless you just go for cereal. :-)
Post a Comment