**I wrote this on 3/9 and kept it as a draft until I was ready to share the news on the blog. I borrowed this idea from Joyful Abode and I loved the idea, so I have been doing it weekly. I will post the other two weeks in the next few days. I know I need to take pictures. I don't have a camera, my husband does, so it makes it really difficult to keep up on pictures. I need to just go to Costco and get a point and shoot. We want to get a nicer DSLR camera (probably a lower model Canon Rebel) before the baby comes. Anyway, I will take pictures like Joyful Abode did at some point. And yes, I have to either wear yoga pants, elastic or maternity pants-even though I am tall, I am all legs and no torso so it makes sense that my compacted torso would show much earlier. I'm pretty much ok with anything that happens. Besides, when you carb-load like I have over the last 8 weeks because other food just doesn't taste very good, it makes sense that I would put on a ponch!
Without further procrastination, here is the dear baby I wrote at 12 weeks pregnant.
Dear Baby:
You have been growing for 10 weeks (even though I am 12 weeks pregnant, silly doctors!) Your Daddy and I got to peek in at you when you were 11 weeks 2 days old (I am counting like those silly doctors) and you were busy getting a workout in! On the menu were crunches, arm curls and leg kicks (the better to kick me with when you are a little bigger). You are making it more difficult for me to wear my normal clothes and I had to buy skirts with elastic for your first trip to Hawaii in 2.5 weeks (don't worry, we will take you there when you can enjoy the sunshine). You have made my life very interesting over the past 6 weeks making me feel nauseous, getting headaches, eating tons of carbs, losing my dinner and making me very sleepy but it has all been worth it knowing that this will likely result in you being healthy which is all your Daddy and I wish for you, that you be happy and healthy. You must really love Hash-brown's because I can't get enough of them! We cannot wait to feel you move and kick which should come in the next 6 weeks or less. Keep growing little bear!
xoxo
Mommy
2 comments:
I need a picture. ;)
This is such a sweet idea. I love how you are writing to the baby! Just so sweet. Can't wait to catch up - so excited for you guys!!! :)
Post a Comment