Meet our intruder:
Nasty little things called red four beetles. Call me a sissy for not cleaning them up myself and waiting for Nick to come home and save the day with the shop vacuum. So anyway, a whole lot of food got tossed. That sucks.
This prompted me to make a trip to the Container Store where I purchased some of these bad boys:
They are the OXO click it storage containers. They are air tight and no pesky pests will be making their home in our food in the future.
That said, living in the country has been very...interesting. In the 3 years we have lived here, we have had an ant infestation, 2 mouse infestations (3 if you count the one that happened before we moved in) and now a red beetle infestation. Nasty. I don't like mice, I don't like ants and I DEFINITELY don't like beetles. The mice seemed to be the most difficult in that we have only ever caught 1 mouse and the only way we know they have been around is because they steal Troopers dog food and put it places it doesn't belong, like inside Nick's shoes (these were tossed), in a shoe box (tosses), on top of the dishwasher, which by-the-way is installed and really isn't that easy to access (no, we did not toss the dishwasher), inside the bottom of our leather chair (also not tossed) and under the kitchen island (yes, we tossed this). It gives me the creeps just to write about it!! I hate crawlies being in my house!
I hope that all of you are staying creepy critter free!


No comments:
Post a Comment