Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday's Weekly Product Review

I am starting a new weekly post called Wednesday's Weekly Product Review where I will review products I am using or trying out. The use of the word product is broad and can include anything from food to health and beauty to home decor. It is wide open but should be fun none-the-less.

My first product review is the Clarisonic which can be purchased from Nordstrom and other fine retailers and sells for $195. You can get a smaller version called the Clarisonic Mia for $145.


The clarisonic works the same way that a sonic toothbrush works. It vibrates and is said to cleanse your skin 6x more than normal washing. The brush does not spin and each unit comes with 2 brush heads, one for normal skin and one for sensitive skin. You can purchase re-fills for $25 which includes 2 new heads. I have owned my clarisonic for 2 years and have never had to purchase the new brush heads.

Things I love about the Clarisonic:

  • It really does clean your face way better than normal washing. After using mine consistently, my face is baby soft and rarely breaks out
  • It is easy to use 
  • It only takes 30 seconds
  • You can use it with any cleanser (I have been using Philosophy)
  • It lasts a long time on one charge (well over a month) and re-charges quickly
  • It can be kept in the shower (unless you are charging it)
  • It is not abrasive or harsh on your skin
Things I don't like as much
  • It's expensive (I received mine as a gift)
  • You generally break out when you first start using it and for the first week or so as it removes build up from your face and cleanses deep into your pores. 
  • I have to use lotion after using it because it removes pretty much all the natural oils from my face when I use it. 
  • My mother-in-law can only use it every other or every third day because she has dry skin. I can use it every day because my skin is much more oily. 
Overall, I love the clarisonic and really struggled to come up with things that I didn't like about it. I had absolutely magnificent skin in high school and then got acne as an adult. This unit really has brought my skin back to the way it was in high school. I would give it an A and would happily recommend it to others. 

No comments: