We are just thrilled to share that we are PREGNANT! We are due September 21 which means I am in the second trimester and moving right along through this pregnancy. The picture above was from 11 weeks 2 days and it was an absolute joy to see baby Bear moving, kicking, waving and doing crunches in there.
I wish I could report that the pregnancy has been a breeze but I have not been that lucky. I have been nauseous (mostly at night), lost my dinner, had headaches, been exhausted and gagged a whole lot when around food that doesn't smell quite right. I am definitely not going to complain because I am just thrilled to be at this point in my pregnancy and thrilled that things are working out this go around!
I had all kinds of ideas to share the wonderful news but I was just so thrilled that the stick said pregnant that I called Nick and blurted it out. I called my parents, told friends, announced to Nick's parents all without any kind of specialness. The first go around (last May), I didn't tell anyone and I regretted that because I had to share bad news at the same time I was sharing that I was pregnant. This time, I told anyone that I would have told if I had problems, that way they could support me no matter what the outcome.
I think about this little bear all the time. I debate the sex, I think about what it will look like, I wonder about how it will feel when I can feel it move, I think about how we want to raise it, I pretty much just wonder about everything all the time. I am excited beyond words to be this far along! I never wanted to be in the third trimester during the summer, but I don't even care. I didn't want to be huge for my 10 year reunion but again, I don't care. All I care about is that I am growing a little life and that we will have the pleasure of meeting this little person in late September or early October.
Here is me as a baby:
And Nick as a baby (he is a little older in his photo than I was in mine!):
I bet our baby will be born with dark hair...I am excited to share this journey with you.



5 comments:
What a blessing. I knew I would log on one day and see that announcement. God is good.
I'm so happy you shared! and I love having the "what will the baby be" discussions with you. :-) No matter what, it will be super loved!!!
Glad you finally shared with the blogosphere =) I've been waiting patiently to ask about the baby bump! Hope the second trimester is easier than the first. And Congratulations again, the rough journey will make you appreciate it more in the end (and thus a beter parent!) I'm convinced ;-)
Congratulations! That is so exciting. Hope you start to feel better soon.
Congrats you two!!!
Post a Comment