We have a canopy bed in our guest room and an oak and brass bed in the garage that is smaller. I am thinking about replacing the canopy bed with the brass and oak one because we only have 8 foot ceilings and the canopy bed makes the room look really small, even though I love it. I haven't done the switch yet because I feel like oak and brass is a little geezerly and not really my style but the bed would definitely add dimension to the room. What do you think?
No, that is not my actual bedding.
We have some high quality Montana built oak furniture and I am not in love with the oak look, but again, they are super high quality and really nice. Do I just leave them the way they are and just deal with it or do I, gasp, paint them?
And because I want to be able to remember current events, I just wanted to say, my heart goes out to all of the people of Japan who have endured the Earthquake and following Tsunami that killed thousands and destroyed many cities.


6 comments:
I love that canopy bed too, but it does seem to make the room look small... and the oak furniture would look cute shabby/chic style.. you could weather it, or put that crackle glaze over it, then white paint and it will look old and rustic!
Remember the disaster trying to paint the cabinet doors? Once you paint furniture it doesn't come off. Where will you hang stuff if your get rid of canopy? Bed is comfy to sleep on! Who likes to move/assemble heavy furniture on his days off?
>^..^<
Don't paint it, what if oak comes back in style? Or not.
I am just jealous that you live somewhere that you can actually MOW right now! Ugh!!!
cute blog!!
-ashley
www.adventuresofnewlyweds.com
Paint it! Paint it! You could do a lovely grey-blue color like the pottery barn stuff. Like this...
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/lucca-single-sink-console-blue/?pkey=csingle-sink-consoles
If you don't enjoy it - why keep it? If it's something Nick's mom passed down she probably didn't like it or was sick of it too. Just double check that she's not sentimentally attached to it (which I highly doubt) before you change it.
Loves!
I checked out this blog after following a link on a comment on Jessica's blog. Check this out!
http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2010/11/a-perfect-gray-blue/
Post a Comment