Friday, September 9, 2011

38 weeks 5 days - redundant

Sorry for so much posting about the end of the pregnancy - I just have a lot that I want to remember later - I mean, this is kind of my online journal, I just happen to have invited you guys along for the ride!

I couldn't get over how comfortable I have been for the last several days - then it dawned on me. Duh! Baby McStubborn un-engaged himself and is no longer sitting with his head on your pelvis. No head on pelvic bones = no sharp pain in pelvic bones upon standing after lying down for an extended period of time.

I plan to drive to Eugene tonight and stay for the weekend with events including the Duck game on Saturday (in supposed 94 degree heat) and my grandpa's 84 birthday on Sunday. Let's hope that I don't end up going into labor while I am down there. A 2 hour drive would really suck to get back home for the birth.

I can't believe I am at the end (almost) of this journey. I wish I were a little more uncomfortable so that I would be begging for labor - instead, I am actually more comfortable than I have been for the bulk majority of my pregnancy and as a result, the idea of giving birth still TERRIFIES me.

I have been getting super nostalgic about winter. I cannot wait to go to McCall, Idaho in the winter and share the cabin with baby bear. I purchased several sherpa bear onepiece suits for baby bear and I cannot wait to put him in them and take him to the snow. I hope that we can develop in him the same love of winter and snow that Nick and I both have.

I am getting anxious to see what this little person we have created will look like. I am also trying to spend more time thinking about names. We have not chosen one, nor have we narrowed down a good list. I figure either one of two things will happen - he will come out and we will see him and just know what his name is supposed to be or we will spend weeks staring at him and wondering what the heck his name should be. Either way, there will be two sets of opinions on this matter. The people who are ok with us taking our time, and the people who will be super annoyed at the fact that this little person is still unnamed. The good news is, babies tend not to remember whether they were named right away or now. Fact is, my little sister Heidi was Robin and Gerald Dean for a while. Eventually she ended up being Heidi and she is no worse for the wear.

All right - have a great weekend and GO DUCKS!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I didn't know your sister was Robin for awhile! the name will come to you.. don't stress it or you might make a decision you don't like later on. :-) I'm think this might be your last week being pregnant! Maybe it's a blessing you are comfy since you might have a few more days to go? hang in there, the end is very, very near!!!