As usual - here are the stats for my appointment - Dilated 3+, effaced 50% - exactly the same as last Wednesday.
Next steps - either get induced on Thursday - or continue to wait it out.
Pro's to induction:
-Having a certain end date
-Guaranteed to have my doctor deliver me because he works Thursday, on call Thursday night and works Friday
-My already large baby won't grow larger while I wait
-If I end up going all the way to October 2, they would induce me anyway
-Easier planning for family to come up from Eugene
Con's to induction:
-It's un-natural
-I have heard it hurts worse
-I don't know how I feel about picking a birthday
I had a long talk with my doctor about it today - I asked him, if you were advising your wife, what would your advice be.
He told me the following: Your cervix is very favorable for induction and based on that, you don't run the risk of a c-section more than you would if you went naturally should you decide to induce. You also don't have any issues that would make me tell you you had to induce so if you decide to continue to be pregnant and wait to go naturally, that is fine too. You have until Wednesday night to make the decision at which point you can just give us a call and schedule a new appointment for next week to come and see me if you decide not to come in for an induction on Thursday. The last day we would let you go until is October 2.
Sweet. Looks like the decision is mine and mine alone. I don't really know what my final decision should be. I have a little over 24 hours to make a final decision. Gulp.
2 comments:
I came across this by accident on your Facebook account and what a great job you do writing your blog and keeping up with it. Not that you want advice but I think you should wait it out and go naturally. I was induced both of my pregnancies wish I hadn't been. My inductions went fairly smoothly and your doctor is right as far as you are favorable. But babies come out when they are ready. They don't need to be forced most of Time. I wonder all of the time what if j had waited. What would their chosen birthday be. Just a thought. A long one at that. Good luck either way!
The truth of the matter is that inductions DO hurt more. The medicine forces your uterus into the last stage of labor, which in a natural labor only lasts about an hour and has all women begging for drugs and thinking they can't continue to labor, but it's so short lived that if you've made it to that stage...you've made it and you're about to have your baby. Induced birth...not the case, you could be at that last stage of labor for hours and hours and of course you could still end up with a C-section because there's no guarantee that baby is going to accept the induction. I vote for waiting it out, but it is YOUR decision and whatever you decide is the RIGHT decision =)
Post a Comment