In life, I have not been a huge sweets eater. Yes, there were the days that I was candy crazy but I think it was less about being actually crazy for the product and more about the fact that we were banned from sweets so it was like a forbidden thing.
If I partook in sweet eating, it would be things like berry or fruit pies or cobblers, pumpkin pie (mmmm, favorite!), fruit with whipped cream, custard, tapioca pudding, etc.
Cake - not thanks. Chocolate - double no thanks. Mousse, doughnuts, eclairs - nope.
I went through a small period in this pregnancy where sweets were pretty tasty. It was somewhere around week 16 or 17 I believe. It was short-lived.
The last few days - all. I. want. is. sweets. I don't give in - but seriously, it is ridiculous. We have marshmallows in the cupboard and I have debated squirting some whipped cream on them and enjoying a bowl full of marshmallow covered in whipped cream. Um gross! I didn't do it, but that is the degree to which sweets sound satisfying and oh so tempting.
I have even debated going to DQ alone and picking up a tasty treat. Again, I didn't do it - but seriously, this daydreaming about sweets has GOT to stop!
It is my hope that this horrible mouth watering and salivating at the mere thought of something containing copious amounts of sugar does not stick around after pregnancy because if it does, I have a long road to getting my pre-baby body back.
And just in case you aren't counting down to my next appointment right along with me, let me remind you that it is in 3 days - but who knows - maybe I will go into labor on my own before then? Perhaps this dude is a timely individual and will arrive on his due date? I guess I just have to wait and see!
1 comment:
DO IT! Especially since you never want them! Maybe that's what'll get your labor going! :D
Post a Comment