Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tomato's

I would like to show you a thing of pure beauty:




(No animals were harmed in the taking of this picture - I am aware tomato's are bad for dogs, he didn't get to eat it)

Yes - those are tomato's. Orange Heirloom, Red Grape, Red something that I don't remember and Yellow Pear. They are organic. I grew them. They are positively amazing. And I can't eat them. Two things give me reflux during pregnancy and one of them starts with T and ends with omato's. Give me a moment while I have a good cry. 

Still weeping...
Still...
Still....

And Nick hates tomato's. Tragic. I grow them for myself - and when I planted them, I had no idea I would have an issue with them. Tragic x 2. 

Ok - better. 

Last year, my tomato plants didn't grow any fruit. None. Nada. Zilch. 

This year, clearly - I am looking at tomato-palooza! And they are so perfect and pretty!

Anyone want some tomato's? I picked them today! They are fresh! Its like an all you can eat tomato buffet out there in the garden! 

And so I say, through my tears, come one and come all - come and get some of my amazing tomato's!

But under one condition - that you feel a little guilty when you are enjoying them. 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I think the thing of beauty is really the John Deere bowls. :-)

I'll take some off your hands!

Amanda said...

Yep - it's the John Deere bowls for sure farmer Kenzie. :)

On a serious note - maybe you should make a serious tub of salsa for George. Remember how he went to town on the salsa Jon made up in McCall?

xx