Monday, September 12, 2011

39 weeks 1 day

I'm back! Talking about - surprise surprise! Pregnancy!


So - much to my dismay at how big I appear and how much I don't want to share a picture this late in the whole pregnancy thing - here it is, the belly. 

This weekend, I was busy busy. Sadly, I had to hear from various people, wow, you are really big and you must have a really big baby in there...uh, thanks guys. First, I don't wanna know how big you think I look and second, I am aware that my baby is probably big, it terrifies me to know that I have to get him out somehow so I would rather not talk about it. Denial is a wonderful thing!

I have no plans this week. Relaxing on the couch. Trying to find a good book to read. Maybe watching a movie or two at home. Getting a pedicure and manicure so that my toes and fingers look pretty for pictures of the big debut. Sounds very overwhelming, huh :)

I have my next MD appointment on Wednesday morning. At that appointment, I am guessing I will finally find out what my doc's policy is on induction. I know that some of the docs at the practice adhere to a 41 week max and some to a 42. I have no idea what my doctor adheres to. So here are my thoughts on the whole thing. I don't want to be induced. The only reason I would want to be induced is cosmetic (stop the damage of these sprouting stretch marks before they get bad) and that is pretty selfish of me. Ultimately, I want this little duder to be healthy so I am opting to go with my doctors recommendations and I won't argue :) If I don't go on my own and he is a 41 week max type, I would opt to be induced on Thursday September 22 at night to deliver on September 23rd. I guess only time will tell whether I manage to get things going on my own or not, but I really don't have any signs or symptoms that things will get started soon. 

I am feeling comfortable. The baby is still floating and in fact, I think he may have turned sideways over the weekend - the little man clearly has too much space in there. I am waking up anywhere between 2 and 5 times a night to pee and I am still sleeping on the very warm side and would prefer for our room to be an icebox, much to the displeasure of Nick who is stuck sleeping in whatever temperature I choose. Not much else to report. No contractions, no pain, no issues to report. 

2 comments:

Jesica said...

I completely agree with your no induction until at least...very least 41 weeks, but if you're at all into hippie shit I had a friend (the one who had an 8 lb 4 oz baby 1 week before her due date...big baby) who put herself into labor with acupressure because, much like yourself she was scared of her huge belly ;-) Worth a shot to avoid the drug induction and maybe get the baby to drop!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnEcLSHTI0s

Jessica said...

I've heard of accupressue too! Apparently there is a spot on your feet that will cause contractions. Also, drink raspberry leaf tea. A girl at work chugged that stuff the last few weeks of her pregnancy because it causes your uterus to contract. That might do something! Stick with your no induction guns! Induction is SO hard on you, and your baby and you will probably end up with a C-section, since induction is usually too quick and intense and your body can't react properly. Hoping for some progress from your appt Wednesday!!!