I had a lazy morning - I stayed in bed until 8:00am with my puppy dog burrowed under the blankets (he is both spoiled and strange for wanting to hang out under there).
I decided that I should try to be normal today and take a shower - while in there, I had a bittersweet realization. This last Sunday (yesterday), was Nick and my last Sunday to spend together, just us. We had a wonderful lazy sunday. We stayed in bed late, wore pajamas almost all day, lazed on the couch, went to wilco and got more grass seed and seeded the lawn again (thanks to the birds that ate some of the seed, jerks), got new wipers for the truck and did a Fred Meyer run for food. We lazed. It was nice. We should have worked on the bathroom, but it was our last chance to be just us. It was nice.
Today, I will try to keep myself busy. I have, so far, not been very busy. I had some honey nut cheerio's for breakfast, played on the computer, took a shower, put on the most amazing outfit (huge sweatshirt, boxer shorts and down slippers, classy!) and spent time on my stability ball (which doesn't seem to do much to get labor going, but it is comfy). I think I will make some blueberry muffins. Perhaps I will make banana bread - but maybe not. I will probably go for a walk at some point. I debated going shopping, but part of me just wants to be home today. Depending on my appointment, maybe I will go shopping tomorrow.
As you can see, I am overwhelmingly busy these days ;-) I am sure I will appreciate this down time when I am super busy with a new baby. I am trying to enjoy each and every day I have with my puppy, my naps, cleaning, my husband and friends before my life changes, forever.
1 comment:
I'm glad you are enjoying your last few days and just lazing and sleeping and hanging out! You really should have taken a picture of that amazing outfit though! ;-)
Post a Comment