It came from a garage sale at a rather seedy house but was $10.00. Score! Then it smelled like smoke :-( So I painted the inside of the drawers:
It went to live in the closet since the baby's room is small and I want to have a bed in there for me to lie down on if he is fussy and Nick needs to get some sleep. (Speaking of sleep, I seriously just woke up an hour ago after getting 9 hours of sleep and I could curl up and go back to sleep again). I came home the other day and I noticed it smelled kind of funny in the house. I had noticed an increasingly funny smell in the area where the baby's room was over the past few days too. I opened the drawer and confirmed my suspicion, the clothes etc smelled "smoky" - Now Nick thinks I am crazy and have some sort of uber pregnant smelling ability, but I don't really trust his allergy nose either. Anywhoo, if I can smell it, pregnant sniffer or not, it is there - and I certainly don't want the kiddo to be stuck in clothes that even remotely smell, whether it is smoke, mildew, or whatever - babies are so sensitive and the last thing he needs is smokey clothing.
All the clothes got washed. Again. The dresser made its way over to our friends Neal and Jessica's house to be painted black and become a tool chest. The curtains I hung in the closet got replaced (again) by the original doors, which are now painted. The closet was fitted with some wire shelving from Home Depot and now all I have to do is make my way to IKEA to pick up some of their fabric bins which will be drawers for the time being.
Sadly, the Nursery went from almost finished, to complete disaster with clothes and stuff sitting out all over the place.
-----
In other news:
- My business is taking off and I have been very fortunate to have enough work to keep me busy and making a good living at it at the same time.
- My business income has been a welcome way to pay things down. Happily, I will be paying off my car this weekend! (Sadly, the car has 164,000 miles so I am hoping that it lasts as long as Honda's are supposed to last - can we hope for another 100,000 miles with no major problems?? so that I don't have to add a new car payment anytime soon)
- We sold our old bathroom "appliances" - So long bathtub and sink and toilet. Hello New Canon Rebel T2i (when I get around to actually buying it) I didn't quite make the amount needed for the Canon which is $849 - but I got close. The tub sold for $375 and the sink and toilet sold for $125 so I am only $345 short. I think that my hard work with my business can make up the remaining.
- I found a Pediatrician! I am so thankful that I have lucked out with Doctors. I love love love my "women's doctor" and I met with a pediatrician close to my house that I found by searching the internet (because all my friends go to a place in Tualatin which is kind of far for me) and just love her. She is 1 year out of residency so she is super young, building her practice and has so much energy! I am very excited for little bear to meet her!
- We are "narrowing" down names. The remain the bane of my existence. Like I said, he wont have a name until he is born because we have to meet him - but the good news is, we are getting better and better at knowing what we do and don't like.
- We still have a ton left to do on the house before the baby comes. I looked at the ticker and realized that we have 44 days until our due date! That means that the baby could come in 23 days or 54 days and be full term for any of the time in between! So insane!! I feel like it sounds like longer if we go by weeks, anywhere between 3 and 7 weeks. Ok, maybe not. Yikes!!!


1 comment:
thanks again for the dresser!! Neal is going to knock out all the drawer sliders and make it into a cupboard to hold our big 5 gallon jugs of paint and some of the bigger garage crap we have. it will work out great, and the paint won't care if it smells! :-) Let's get together this week so I see the nursery update!
Post a Comment