- I realized the other day, I write a lot of posts in my head that never get written. Some of them I think would be really good to write. I still struggle with what this blog is about, which I think can be obvious through looking at past posts - sometimes I am pretty raw and honest about personal things, sometimes I am really superficial and document things we are doing around the house, sometimes I am informative about how to do something...This blog is completely undefined. I read several blogs that are suuuuuuper open and honest. These people are all "anonymous" bloggers (ie, see according to me in my blogroll) - no one in their friend or family circle knows about the blog and everyone has "blog names" rather than their real names. They are so open and honest about all the things that are normally more secret, but they do so at the expense of sharing their experiences with people they know. Then there are others who are more interested in blogging about events (ie, we went to a Duck game-pictures pictures, we went on vacation to Hawaii-pictures pictures, etc). Finally, there are the people who blog about how to do stuff - these are more like the people in my "so creative" section. They teach you how to DIY stuff at home, or cook, or whatever. I find that I am a hybrid of all of the above but I don't do any of them well. I don't take enough pictures to be an events in our life coverer, I don't explain how Nick does house projects enough to be an explanatory blogger and I certainly am not anonymous enough to be a brutally honest, here I am type blogger. So where is this bullet point going? I suppose I would like to remain the scattered type blogger that I have been because it follows my scattered type personality. That said, there are a few improvements that I am making it a goal to make - 1)Take more pictures and become a "better" event documenter. 2)Be a better how to blogger. Our garden is incredible and Nick is a very talented remodeler, fabricator, etc and I believe that some of this would be helpful for us and for others. 3)Be super honest (while skating the line knowing I am not anonymous. I am aware that people have many struggles and many of these struggles become closet issues - sometimes it is nice to realized you are not alone in your struggles. No family is perfect and no situation is perfect - despite what things appear to be from the outside. That said - I don't have the ability to be like "according to me" because I am an open blog, people know me. My blog is not here to hurt feelings or offend. There are also topics that I believe should not be discussed because they always end up causing issues - politics, religion, etc would be several examples. I have thoughts and beliefs, my readers have thoughts and beliefs and I believe that no matter how those may differ, I can be friends with everyone. This blog is a bit of a diary for me and I have found that I have looked back an past posts recently and I regret that I have not been a better documenter. I definitely want to work much harder at this particular aspect of my blog - if not for the readers, for me.
- We went to our SHS reunion last night. I was on the fence about going for quite some time. I didn't want to go and be uncomfortable and huge and awkward and 36 weeks pregnant while there. I am SO glad that I went. There were a ton of classmates that didn't go and drug their feet about going. I heard a lot of reasons why people didn't want to go. Among them:
- I have changed so much I don't want to go
- It is going to cost too much
- I don't want to go because I see all the people that I want to see already and don't need to see anyone else
- I don't want to listen to everyone pump themselves up
- I dunno, I just don't want to go...
Let me tell ya, I was very pleasantly surprised at how wonderful it was to see everyone who was there! I didn't hear anyone try to pump up their experiences and try to sound like they were "so successful" or try to be something they weren't (or maybe something they were, there have been some amazing successes come out of our class which is great!)
Everyone was really friendly, super genuine and it was so wonderful to spend the evening with them! And to boot, I am pretty sure I made a new friend, which is not generally what happens at reunions! It is amazing how you can go through high school without realizing the connections you might have with someone because you already have your group of friends only to realized later in life that in fact, had you had the chance back then (or given it a chance), you probably would have been great friends, even back in high school.
- Not to complain about the weather - just documenting here ;) - it is HOT! 90 yesterday, 85 right now at 7:00pm and I have a heater strapped to my belly. Wowser - it is too hot for being 36 weeks pregnant!
- I really want to write a post that goes back to our struggles with getting from no kids to 36 weeks along. I have reflections which I think are different from what I have shared thus far. There are things that I want to share with my "before" self that I wish I would have known (but probably wouldn't have listened to) and things I just want to jot down - that post will probably come next week sometime.
- Have I mentioned that I am so exited for DUCK football? We have been cleaning out Nick's shop in Corvallis and EUREKA! we found a vintage duck flag (which will hang over our garage in the front of our house) and vintage duck tee's, sweatshirts and sweat pants! Score! Now I am a little bit nervous that I won't make it to the games. If our little doesn't learn to drink breast milk from a bottle early on, I will have to watch on TV and Nick will get to take different people to the games. I suppose that would be a super score for the other people!
I feel like I had more I wanted to write about - but I can't think of it. You will have to excuse me, I just woke up from a nap - a past time I was never able to take advantage of before I was pregnant and one I am taking delight in prior to the arrival of baby bear. Have I ever mentioned how much I love to sleep? Well I do. Always have. I am really hoping that little loves to sleep as well ;)
Happy Sunday all!
1 comment:
Can't wait to read your "struggles" posts, I have many many many of those that are half written and I think I will finish them and begin posting them after I announce my um...surprise. LOL. I would love to read yours because as you said, there are always those who are struggling and it's nice to know you're not alone!
Post a Comment