I mixed my Nancy's brand plain honey yogurt with some of my jam and mmmmmm, stamp of approval. This was ridiculously easy and after making "old fashioned jam" without Pectin, I cannot figure out why people think that freezer jam is easier-although I haven't made it. But check this out:
Mash Berries
Add mashed berries to pot, bring to a rolling boil, boil for 2 minutes
Add equal parts sugar to boiling berry mush (1 cup of mashed berries, 1 cup of sugar, etc)
Bring back to rolling boil for 2 minutes
Pour into rotary mixer
Mix for 4 minutes
Pour into mason jars
Put mason jars in large boiling pot of water with towel on the bottom
Ensure that jars arent touching each other and that there is water above the lid
Boil for 5 to 10 minutes
Remove
Place on counter to cool
Listen for "pop" meaning jars sealed themselves
EASY!!
------
My dog is not normal. Most dogs get a treat and eat it practically without chewing. Not my pup. He savors bones. Sometimes he carries them around with him for a while. Sometimes he hides them around the house- he particularly likes to hide them behind pillows on the couch.
Here is is with a treat he got 10 minutes prior, just holding it in his mouth on our bed (Not exactly where I would like him to enjoy said bone) - he eventually went to the living room and carefully dissected it and savored every bite. Silly woofy!

1 comment:
Trooper just appreciates the finer things in life... Henry gulps things down without chewing.. which is bad.. last week we got home from Neal's parents' house for dinner and Henry puked up several WHOLE pieces of steak Toni had been feeding him. I worry about him choking so much I wish he savored things!
Post a Comment