Our poor little (2 days ago) birthday boy:
has fleas :(
When we go down to my parents house, he usually gets them - hard to keep a flea problem at bay with 4 cats and 2 large dogs - but generally, he is a bit uncomfortable for a day and then better.
Not sure what the deal is with this batch of fleas, but they are NASTY! He is awake most of the night itching. Poor little guy - losing tufts of furr. We applied some advantage flea control, which we do monthly.
Our sheets are in a hot wash.
All pillows will go through a hot dryer cycle.
The comforter will go through a hot dryer cycle.
Throw blankets - hot wash, hot dry
Throw pillows - hot dry
Dog toys - hot wash, hot dry
Carpets will be vacuumed.
Dog will be brushed and we will re-apply flea meds in a week (per instructions on box for infestation)
Here is what the line up looks like:
Here is what the line up looks like:
In the mean time - I feel so bad for our little guy! It is very difficult to keep him from scratching :(
I hope he doesn't loose too many tufts of furr.
--------
And just in case you were wondering to yourself, hm, I wonder if Kenzie and Nick have decided on a kitchen backsplash after having their kitchen in for 3 years - you can stop wondering about it! The answer is yes, finally! We have a backsplash tile (not in mind you) but we have one picked!!
Not installed, just propped up for now - but this is it! Hurray!
--------
And one more thing -
I admit, I should choose a cuter shirt to wear, but remember - I am de-fleaing the house so this is what you get. 36 weeks and 1 day pregnant - anytime between 6 days and 42 days. My fingers are seriously crossed that we don't get to 42 days! That would mean Baby bear would be 2 weeks late and I would be pretty much DONE! In my ideal world, the timing would be 27 days or less - if we are talking perfect world, I would say 2 weeks from now. That would = 38 weeks. But I will take whatever I am given - I don't have much of a choice :)







3 comments:
Hey Trooper! Sorry about the fleas! Now our Mom realizes that this is no ordinary flea infestation...just 'cause the cats seem so 'ho-hum' about it and never scratch. WE have been itching our hides off...we have the bald spots to prove it! Pardon us while we stop to SCRATCH, SCRATCH, SCRATCH! CHEWIE, CHEWIE, CHOMP! Maybe they brought home a flea from Great Grandpa's cat? The vet called them wild-animal fleas and said they were extra nasty. Now Mom will go on flea offensive! Go, Mom, go!
Poor Troopy! I hope your de-flea-ing goes well! I think fleas in general have been bad this year.. Henry was itching last week too and we got him a bath and washed our sheets because I had some bites on my legs... one reason I am looking forward to Fall! You look so cute!! your belly has definitely dropped! I don't think it will be too much longer now!!!
BUWAHHAHA
Serves you right for chasing us you rotten little cat-chaser!
Avid, Sito, Imot & Lib
Post a Comment